Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just thought you should know

Americans watch more television than any other country (we watch on average of 151 hours a month!). Also we have the highest percent of reality t.v. programs...  I do love to watch t.v. but there are times my body screams at me to unglue my eyes from the screen, get my booty off the couch and actually exercise my brain that is quickly turning to M-U-S-H from the t.v. overload. Occasionally I listen and go read a book.  I have fallen in love with the New York Times best selling author Jen Lancaster. She writes memoirs, so when reading her books, it's practically like watching reality t.v. (because if you aren't watching t.v. you are practically Un-American right?)  I have all 5 of her books and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of her 6th!  She is a brutally honest, lacoste & pearl necklace wearing, absolutely hilarious writer!!  So, any of you that are interested in exercising your brain and getting a big laugh, I suggest you pick up one of her books here or head to your local book store.  Also, you should read them in order... once you start reading her books you will understand why.

      
 
        
 


 So, what are some of your favorite books and/or authors?  I will share more of my favorites next week!!

@ Noble

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read some of her books! I always seem to get distracted by some horribly morbid book about somebody's painful life. I am ordering one today! Thanks for the advice! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should read some of those books.

    My fave authors are Nicholas Sparks, Sophie Kinsella, and Meg Cabot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you guys read any of Jens books make sure to start with "Bitter is the New Black" It's her first book and sets the tone for the rest of her books. Also, Shannon I'm sure you will like "My Fair Lazy" It's about Jens serious OBSESSION with Reality TV. She was even on the Early Show twice as a Reality TV expert. Good Stuff.

    ReplyDelete