Sunday, June 26, 2011

Still waiting...

Ok, I haven't been blogging much because I feel like I'm just waiting to hear some more news on our house and I can't focus on anything else.  As far as I know, we have the house and we can give our notice to move out of the apartment on schedule... but they won't fricken tell me officially that we are approved.  I mean, I know we are, but then again I don't know that we are all set and ready to close on July 11th.  My pessimistic side is freaking me out... it's whispering screaming in my ear that something will go wrong, like the loan won't go through, or the builder won't fix something on our check list, or our closing date will have to be moved, or the house will burn down before we move it or something else crazy.  The positive side of me is like... just chill, show up on the closing date, sign some papers, get some keys and let the good times roll.  Then there is the realistic side of me still freaking the hell out!!! OMG OMG OMG we will be (hopefully) closing in 15 days and we haven't packed a single thing!  I wish Chaz was still in the Army, so we could have awesome movers come pack everything and safely move it, but he isn't, so we will be packing everything and moving most of it.  We've decided to hire somebody to do the heavy lifting and move all of our large furniture or at least that's the plan.  I first have to  find the company, get quotes and then figure out what our moving date actually will be.  I think I need a check list on how to move... BRB, I'm gonna google that.  Start playing the jeopardy theme song in your head now... Ok I'm back! 


This is what I found:



Two months before....
  • Put together a 'moving book' to keep notes of what you need do, what you've done etc.
Oh Shit, I'm a month and a half behind.  Gotta go start making a "moving book cliff notes edition".  

@ Noble 

1 comment:

  1. haha! good luck with those cliff notes. I hate packing/moving a lot. I think that's really the main reason why I'm still in Memphis because I can't even imagine packing and moving to a new city. Barf-o-rama. Best of luck, sista!

    ReplyDelete